November 5, 2020
6pm - 7:30pm
The WNT board decided to volunteer our time in the month of November to a non-profit association in the community. That association is Hope Austin.
Monica von Waaden Founder/Executive Director, Hope Austin, is excited to have Wedding Network Texas members and non-members volunteer at Hope Austin.
In our communications with Monica, she expressed, "HopeAustin is in it's 5th year of service to our local communities. It is our most heart felt endeavor to ensure food security to all Central Texas Students. This summer all through COVID we were able to work alongside several of our District Partners in in 2 short months provide of 11,000 meal kits to students in need that is 66,000 meals plus snacks and protein drink."
We hope to make a difference by volunteering, and we need your help! We cannot do it alone. It's only an hour and a half of your time. This registration is for the following date:
Thursday November 5, 2020
10401 Anderson Mill Rd. Suite 116,
Austin, Texas 78750
If you aren't able to help at this location, consider giving a donation to Hope Austin. Click "Donate To Hope Austin" below to give by PayPal, use your Venmo, or send a check to their mailing address.
Donate To Hope Austin
13809 Research Blvd. Suite 810
Austin, TX 78750
(NOTE: Sunday, November 15, 2020, at 2:30 pm
is another volunteer day option.
Do not register here if you prefer this date.
Search for Hope Austin Volunteer Opportunity,
November 15 and register there)
1. If you have been tested for Covid-19, or have had COVID, please ensure you follow all current guidelines for returning to work or other areas of social living, as per most recent guidelines issued by the CDC.
2. Must not have traveled anywhere outside the Austin metroplex within the last 14 days.
3. Must check temperature 24 hours prior to volunteering and within an hour of volunteering. A Fever is anything above 99.6.
4. Must be amenable to have temperature checked upon entry to HopeAustin facility, if asked.
5. Must stay home if showing ANY symptoms of being ill. (Ex. Cough, sore throat, stomach issues, gastrointestinal issues including vomiting and diarrhea, shortness of breath, tightness in chest, fever, loss of taste smell)
6. Must NOT be the primary caregiver for anyone over 65 who is immunocompromised.
7. Must use sanitizer upon entering facility.
8. Must bring mask to volunteer and wear the mask for the duration of the volunteer activity.***
9. Social Distancing practices will be implemented and followed. 10. All volunteers must be aware that even with precautions being put in place, congregating with others may pose a risk to themselves and any individual (healthy and immune-compromised) with whom they are around.
Hope Austin Mission Statement
Eliminating Childhood Hunger, One Meal and One Child at a Time